on motor yacht Lurley, breakfast and lunch, local excursions.
Reduced rate of USD $2100 for members of
Left Coast Writers (http://leftcoastwriters.com).
Each voyage will traverse portions of the historic Canal du Midi between Toulouse and Beziers on Lurley, a classic 35-foot Dutch motor cruiser. Life will slow to a reflective pace as we leisurely motor along the shady tree-lined
We will become part of the flow of four centuries of travelers through these hand-built stone locks.
Between the vibrant city of Toulouse, the walled fortress of Carcassone and the winding streets of Beziers, we will pass the vineyards of Languedoc, sample local hand-made cheeses, and feast on dishes such as artichokes à la Carcassonnnaise and cassoulet de Castelnaudery.
- Each week's workshop is limited to five participants working with one instructor.
- Emphasis on non-fiction, creative non-fiction and short fiction.
• Morning ninety-minute group workshop.
• Daily one-on-one consultations with the instructor.
• Afternoons devoted to writing and exploration of the French countryside.
• Evening group reading and discussion of participants' work following dinner at local restaurants.
FACULTY & DATES:
July 3-9 - Linda Watanabe McFerrin - poet, travel writer, novelist and teacher
July 10-16 - Joanna Biggar - teacher, writer and traveler
July 17-23 - Joanna Biggar - teacher, writer and traveler
July 24-30 - Larry Habegger - travel writer and executive editor of Travelers' Tales
Each participant may submit a 2,000 - 4,000 word essay or short story about some aspect of travel in France, along the canal, or associated experience for consideration in PASSAGE DU MIDI, an anthology scheduled for publication by Adventure Books in December, 2005.